Track Information Systems Inc. (TIS)
Service Policy Effective July 1, 2008
1. Payment for goods and services is due upon receipt of invoice. Terms of the account are as stated on the invoice. An interest rate of 2 % monthly will be applied to accounts past due. Retroactive billing will apply if you are missed on our regular billing cycle.
2. A 50% non-refundable deposit is required for any custom work. All work will be billable, including travel and research time. Billing applies to all work, even if the customers cancels or finds the application is not fitting, or changes their mind on design. Programming rates are dependant on the development tools required. The customer prior to the start of customized work must purchase required development tools and licenses. Customers must provide written specifications of their needs on a work order. Without clear detailed written specifications TIS cannot be held liable for any miscommunications, errors, omissions or expectations.
3. There is a one-hour minimum charge for all on site work of $75.00 per hour including all technical and support services, plus $5 vehicle surcharge for site visits. Additional parking charges may apply.
4. A minimum $50 service charge will apply for site visits even if we are unable to fix or resolve the problem.
5. Time blocks for annual support or support contracts must be prepaid. Please ask for details or see the support plan page. Support plan customers have priority. Service may be delayed or put off if no support plan is in place. We will not tolerate any abuse from those that fail to pay for support plans that are denied or delayed on service. We reserve the right to provide service for customers without a support plan.
6. Discounts may apply for service hours in the excess of 40 hours per week in two consecutive weeks. Additional discounts can be discussed for long-term projects. Please ask for details.
7. A kilometer rate of .39 cents per kilometer will apply for travel outside of our normal working area. Tolls may be extra.
8. Telephone support will be charged in fifteen-minute increments at a rate of $65 per hour at our discretion. Telephone support may be provided free of cost for quick and simple questions.
9. Support that may be required from third party vendors such as Microsoft will be billed at the third party rates plus our normal service charges.
10. Travel and accommodations for distant work must be prepaid or pre-arranged by the customer. Accommodations must be smoke free. Two meals are billed daily for remote work. Car rentals or transportation is also expensed should any of our staff have to fly in.
11.All software by TIS is sold and developed under license. Components and source code used for programming are copyright of the author or writer. Source code is NOT included with any projects unless by a separate written source code agreement is in place. Re-distribution can only be made with a distribution agreement or license. Source code may be available for maintenance purposes only by the authority of TIS.
12. We do not accept or consider the exchange of gifts, goods, used computer equipment, merchandise, items from third parties, referrals, coupons, entertainment tickets, travel, etc. as payment or credit towards any account due. Any such items are treated as gratuity or donation and such passing of gifts ARE NOT considered as payment or discount of an account in any way. Payment is to be made by cheque or cash.
13. The fixing of bugs, errors and defects are all part of the development process of any piece of software and are, therefore, billable at our discretion. Due to the complexity of databases, networks and operating systems we are unable to give a per job price/quote for any custom programming on extra network configuration or the fixing of bugs that involves service or products from third party systems.
14. This policy may change without notice. Please visit our web site at least once per month for any change in policy or notifications.
Please contact us at
for any questions or concerns. See our web site www.trackinfosystems.net for more information or to return to our home page. Please print for your reference and file.